Thursday, May 12, 2016

Sugar Donuts: Delicious treat from my kitchen!

 I think most of people love fried food and sweet, well they make us feel good (esp. me, I really love fried food).



 Today I think about making something that I enjoy it from my childhood time (it's a long, long and very long time ago, haha), "Sugar donuts". Simple treat, that doesn't need anything much, no yeast, no proofing, no kneading, just simple step as mix, cut and fry. 
No, I don't have any trick or tip for you, because it's very easy to make, haha, if you want you can add vanilla extract (or use vanilla sugar for covering the donuts), that's all!
When frying, using thermometer can help a lot (no more guessing, ^^) but if you don't have it just fry in in medium heat oil. Drop it in sugar bowl while hot will make the sugar stick to the donut better or you can skip this step if you don't want to get more sugar.
Serve warm is the best choice for me but it's still delicious when cool. Oh, you don't have to believe me, just try it yourself.

Sugar Donuts
Make 5-6 donuts (and holes)


1 ........................... Egg
150g ..................... All purpose flour
1 1/2tsp ................ Baking powder
20g ....................... Melted butter
2tbsp .................... Milk
50g ....................... Granulated sugar
1tsp ...................... Lemon juice
.............................. Granulated sugar for covering the donuts







 Mix egg, sugar, lemon juice, melted butter and milk together.



 Sift the flour and baking powder into the bowl.



Mix with spatula until fully combine.



 Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.


Sprinkle the work surface with flour, place the dough over the flour and sprinkle the top of the dough with flour.
Roll into 1 cm thickness.
Cut into donut shape, reroll until all the dough are used.



 Fry in 160C hot oil.


 Fry until golden brown.



Cover with sugar while hot.
Serve immediately ^^ and enjoy!

Sugar Donuts: Delicious treat from my kitchen!

3 comments:

  1. Oh dear, they look heavenly! Traditional doughnuts are the best! they look so airy and sugary, just like good old times doughnuts! Thank you very much for sharing! You're a great baker <3

    https://imkimiyo.wordpress.com/2016/05/11/recipe-pistachio-vanilla-and-raspberry-craquelin-cream-puffs-choux-craquants-a-la-pistache-a-la-vanille-et-a-la-framboise/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made this yesterday and it was awesome, brought back a lot of childhood memories :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, it's the same for me, we used to eat it when I was young (well, a long time ago, ^^")

      Delete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...