Thursday, September 29, 2011

Green tea snow balls: Little balls of happiness!

 This morning when I waked up there was something strange, there was a magazine laying on the floor and it's very old one. It's about 7 years ago. 

I didn't know what happened. It could fall from the shelf when I took other book out. When I looked at it, it has an interesting topic of the month "Baking with Japanese ingredient" ^^. So I picked it up and start reading again, after 7 years I can't remember anything in the magazine at all.
There are a lot of good recipe that I want to try, they use green tea, chestnut, sesame, kinako, sweet potato and etc. You can see that it's really good and interesting. I like the way they mix the Japanese ingredient into the Western sweet. 
I wonder why I never used all of this recipe before, they seen to be delicious !!!! After thinking (for less than a minutes, hehe), I decided to try some of the Japanese influenced recipes. The recipe that I choose is "Green tea snow balls", because my niece really love to eat green tea flavored sweet (cake, mousse or ice cream, she eats them all), so I will add cookie into the list too, haha. 
After baking and coating it with sugar, I'm so sure that she gonna love it, ^^. For me I serve myself with a cup of tea, the flavor of the green tea will intensify, and with each bite the flavor of it more and more intense, so if you love the green tea flavor, I think you will love this cookies too.
I know that you will think that it's a recipe from the past, but I can to tell you that good recipe never old ^^.





Green tea snow balls
Makes 40 

100g ................................ Butter
45g ................................... Icing sugar
2tsp .................................. Green tea powder
........................................... A pinch of salt
35g ................................... Egg white (about 1 egg white)
50g ................................... Almond powder
100g ................................. Cake flour
1/5tsp .............................. Baking powder
........................................... Icing sugar for coating the cookies


Sift the flour with baking powder and green tea powder.

Beat the butter with icing sugar and salt until light. Pour the egg white into the butter mixture, beat to combine, add the almond powder and beat with low speed until combine.
Add the flour mixture beat with low speed until combine.
Warp the cookie dough with plastic warp and refrigerate for 30 minutes.


Preheat the oven to 170°C
Line the baking sheet with baking paper.

 Divide the dough into 40 pieces, and roll into a ball.
Then bake for 20 minutes.
Let the cookies cool completely before coating it with the icing sugar.


Green tea snow balls: Little balls of happiness!

8 comments:

  1. Cute looking greentea snow balls, soo pretty and tempting..

    ReplyDelete
  2. can i cut open the green tea bag and use the powder?
    Any green tea substitute that u could recommend?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi ! can i us the green tea powder of the green tea bag?
    Any green tea substitute that u can recommend? Coffee?

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi! can i use the green tea powder inside the green tea bag?
    any substitute for green tea? coffee?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,蓝色小厨
    Thank you

    Hi, Priya
    Thank you

    Hi, Yuet
    You can use it, by gaining the tea leaves with the flour, and your cookie won't have a bright green color but it will be brown.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi I have been admiring your blog for sometime. You always come up with very clever ideas and creativity on your baking. Thanks for the green tea happiness ball recipe. I'd made some today and I was very pleased with the result.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This cute little snow balls looks very enticing. I will definitely try this at home. Glad that you share. Thanks.

    Green tea

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...