Friday, September 3, 2010

Fig and white chocolate cookies: New and delicious combination!



I don't know where to start, the book or the cookie, because I love both of them ^^. And now you already know that this recipe comes from my new book again, right?
May be you heard about the book ........  which I got it just before going on my vacation and I really wanted to try the recipe.


So, when my sister told me that she want a cookie (Again? haha), I grab this book suddenly ^^, hehe, this time I could try. I started to brows the book, it full of delicious idea, and I notice that most of the recipes are homey and wholesome. The author use many kinds of nut, fresh and dried fruit in her recipe, anyway I had to choose one of them first, haha.
And I had my eye on this cookies, Fig and white chocolate cookie, I think it's a new combination (for me, ^^) and the other reason is my sister love white chocolate, she won't say not too this for sure.
  
After baking it, I really love the texture of this cookie, well it's not soft but it's not hard, just the right cookie to eat with a cup or glass of anything that you like too, ^^. And for the fig, if you don't have it, just use other kind of dried fruit that you love, the white chocolate is the same, you can use dark or milk, the limit is only your imagination.
So, this cookie recipe can be a good basic recipe for cookie jar's cookie, haha, and I think that you might want to have one jar of them on your counter too.


Note: I just try only one recipe so, I will talk about the book again after I try more recipe on the savoury  part of the book.




Fig and white chocolate cookies
Makes about 15



50g .................................. Butter, soft
80g .................................. Golden caster sugar
.......................................... A few drop of vanilla extract
1 ....................................... Egg
70g .................................. Soft dried fig, chopped
50g .................................. White chocolate, chopped
130g ................................ All purpose flour
1½ tsp ............................ Baking powder


Preheat the oven to 160 °C
Line 1-2 baking pan with baking paper.
Sift the flour and baking powder together.




Cream the butter and sugar in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla and egg and mix well. Stir in the fig and chopped white chocolate. Gently fold the flour mixture into the wet ingredients. 




Take a generous teaspoon of the biscuit dough (dailydelicious note: I use #50 scoop) and place on one of the prepared pan. Flatten slightly, then repeat with the remaining dough, spacing the dough balls well apart as they will spread when they are baking.


Bake for 25 minutes or until the biscuits are pale golden. Remove from the oven and leave to cool for a few minutes. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week. 



Fig and white chocolate cookies: New and delicious combination!

1 comment:

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...