Monday, November 9, 2009

Turkish coffee creams: Little cup of my love

I got this coffee a long time ago (my sister traveled to Turkey, and she bought this coffee as a souvenir), and I really don't know what to do with it. The Turkish coffee is different from other kind of coffee in a method of preparation and the Turkish coffee are ground or pounded to the finest powder. When prepare it, you will have to boil it with the water then serve without filter the grounded coffee bean out, and that is the main problem for me.

I find it very hard to drink the coffee that contain the coffee bean in it (or because I don't know how to prepare it properly, my coffee had a burnt taste), so I need to find a better way to enjoy it.
And the Olive magazine from last month is my answer for me, actually the recipe comes from the book name:................... There are a lot of interesting recipe in the magazine, but I can see only one recipe, that I want to try.
The Turkish Coffee Cream, this little cup is so tempting, the ingredients are interesting too. The coffee mix with the cardamon (actually, there is a cinnamon in the ingredient list too, but because my sister doesn't like it, so I just leave it out) and the chocolate. So, the fragrance of it is very good, and the texture is like a thick chocolate mousse.

This kind of dessert is very good to serve after dinner, esp. when you prepare a dinner for someone special (^ ^), the feeling of lingering the thick delicious mousse while talking with the one you love, well, I like this kind of feeling.
Actually, if you can't find the Turkish coffee, you can use the other kind of grounded coffee, as I said that it's not the kind of the coffee, it's the way that you prepare it.
So, come along with me and have a happy time with the small cup of love!

Turkish Coffee and Cardamom



Turkish coffee creams
Makes 2 little glasses (shot-size)


24g
finely ground Turkish coffee
1
cardamom pods, crushed
100ml
double cream
20g
dark chocolate, grated
2
egg yolks
22g
caster sugar

• Moisten the coffee with a little water and put onto muslin square with the cardamom pods, then tie securely with kitchen string to make a bag.

Put the cream into a heavy saucepan with the muslin bag and bring to the boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Turn off the heat and leave to cool and infuse for about an hour.

• Squeeze the muslin bag back into the pan to extract as much flavour as possible, then discard it. Reheat the infused cream gently, then add the grated chocolate and stir until it has melted.

• In a separate bowl, whisk the egg yolks with the sugar. Pour on the hot cream mixture and whisk gently to combine.

Pour the mixture back into the rinsed-out pan and cook gently until it thickens to a custard consistency. You should be able to draw a distinct line through the custard on the back of a spoon. Remove from the heat and cool in a sink of iced water. Stir from time to time as the mixture cools down.
• Spoon the coffee cream into 2 petite pots or little glasses (shot-size) and chill well before serving.
Turkish coffee creams: Little cup of my love

2 comments:

  1. This recipe sounds great!!!! Btw, I like your blog a lot and it seems like your are really passionate about food. Keep it this way :)

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...